This policy applies to the use of the Wupwoo social media platform and its partner and stakeholders’ sites, such as BESTIE.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site.
Our Commitment to You.
Data that we hold about you will be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently. It will be collected for specific legitimate purposes, such as improving the user experience. This data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary. We will keep any data that we have collected accurate and up to date, and it will be stored for as long as necessary. We will ensure appropriate security, integrity and confidentiality of any personal or financial data that we may have collected from your use of the Wupwoo platform. You have the right to be forgotten and have any or all of your data removed or erased that we may hold about you. You also have the right to data portability – you may obtain and reuse your own data. Any data that we hold about you will not be processed outside of the EU, without special precautions being put in place.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 we must have a lawful basis for processing your personal data. Wupwoo Ltd will comply with all relevant data legislation to meet its statutory and legal obligations to its customers and staff. We will only process your data after you consent to it. The only other reasons we would process your data would be for contract processing, necessary for entering into a contract with you. Or if there is a legal obligation to do so to comply with the law. Another reason is Vital Interest, where the processing of it is necessary to protect someone’s life. Public task is also a legitimate reason to process your data, where it is in the public interest to do so. Moreover, another reason is legitimate interest, which is where the processing is necessary for your legitimate interest, providing it doesn’t override the interest of the individual.
We will ask you for clear consent for the processing of your personal data and we will tell you for what specific purpose we are collecting your data. We collect Your Information at various points when you use the Site. The data collected is used to tailor your experience on the Site. This includes: showing content that we think you might be interested in and display content according to your preferences.
- When You Register. When you register for an account on the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself. This information includes, without limitation, your name, email or other electronic address, professional affiliations, photographs, and other biographical information.
- “Share” Features. If you use our optional “Share” features on the Site, we will collect the email address that you provide, in order for us to send that person an email. We store this information to send that initial correspondence, to send reminders, and to track the use and success of these features. That person may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove that email address from our database.
- IP (Internet Protocol) Addresses. An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request pages from the Site, our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. This means that your session will be logged, but you as the user remain anonymous to us. The site will identify the date, time and IP address from which you accessed the site when you register as a user. It will also identify this if you choose to opt-out of receiving emails or other communications from us.
- Log Data. Log data consists of IP addresses and information generated by cookies, and other details about a visit to our Site, such as the time of the visit and the type of Web browser used. Log data is collected passively and is not personally identifiable. Log data collected on our web servers supply us with aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on our site. We use this information only to improve our site.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- At Your Instruction. One purpose of the Site is for our users to share information with others. We allow you to choose the information you provide to other users of the Site. Please note that once you share information, copies of that information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or it may be saved locally by others, even if you subsequently delete that information or change the privacy setting.
- Completion of Business Trans-campaigns. If you order a product from the Site, we may share your name, address, and email address with the vendor of that product, so that the vendor can deliver the product to you. If you pay for the product with a credit card or through your bank account, we may share Your Information with third party service providers in order to complete your purchase, but we will only share Your Information with these third parties as much as is necessary to do so.
- Service Providers. We may sometimes use a third party to provide specific services on our behalf, including sending emails to our members, conducting member surveys, processing trans-campaigns or performing statistical analysis of our services. In these cases, we may provide certain personal information, such as your name and email address and other financial information necessary for the service to be provided. However, these third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
- Business Transitions. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of its assets, our members personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Members will be notified of any such business transition via e-mail or prominent notice on the Site.
CHANGING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
By logging on to your registered account through the Site, you can easily update, append, or otherwise modify Your Information. If you wish to have Your Information removed from the Site for any reason, simply complete our online removal process. Your Information will not be generally available to registered users of the Site. However, we may retain Your Information for a period of time in our internal databases and systems.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
As a registered user of the Site, you will receive our customary business communications. Such as, email address confirmation, administrative messages, and our newsletter. If at any time you do not wish to receive these communications, please follow the directions provided in the communication.
We take appropriate precautions to protect Your Information. Your account information is located on a secure server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorised persons, or that your account will not be accessed by unauthorised persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Wupwoo is committed to the rights and protection of children everywhere. While we take seriously the privacy of all our visitors, we are especially committed to protecting the privacy of people under the age of 16 years old. We believe our policies are in the best interests of all children. Any personal information that is unknowingly collected from a child under the age of 16 years old will be deleted upon written request from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Deletion requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our Child Protection Policy. The following link is to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/children-and-the-gdpr/. It is an overview to the processing of data with respect to the GDPR regulations.